I must be crazy

Kevin Sjostrand

I must be crazy

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Well I've gone and done it.
I'm going to build a violin!

Okay so I'm not crazy now but then that may be in question before I'm through.

I've purchased the curly maple for the sides, back and neck and the spruce for the top.

I made a working mold yesterday. My plan is to work on this as I continue my current OM build which I've not spent any time on in 3 weeks due to the virus finally got my wife and I. Feeling better now.

Would anyone be interested in some documented progress on a violin build? There is no section for it but I could place it "somewhere" like right here in the "Anything Else" ?
Stray Feathers

Re: I must be crazy

Post by Stray Feathers »

I must be almost as crazy because I'd be interested. Maybe it's not a big deal to add a section to the forum? Or maybe a generic "Other Instruments"? Bruce W.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Yup. We can do that!
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Kevin Sjostrand

I just lost my first post to an invalid picture upload that I tried to redo. Took me 20 minutes to write it. SO frustrating.
Here are some pics....hopefully. I don't feel like re-writing that whole thing again right now.
Can we change this so more than 3 pictures can be uploaded at a time? Been this way a long time and it complicates things for sure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Sjostrand

More pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Sjostrand

More pics
Kevin Sjostrand

More pics
TEETERFAN

Post by TEETERFAN »

This is going to be “very interesting”! Good luck, Kevin.
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Looks like an interesting project, nice work on the form. Guess there is no Kinkade type book for this.
Know what you mean when one loses a post. It sucks, all that great creative writing lost only to have to do it all over again. Seems like the rewrite is never as good, like all the air went out of the balloon.

Bruce,
jread

Post by jread »

sorry about your lost post. That happened to me the other day. I thought that I had enabled a new feature called "auto save drafts" but I see it's not there. I'll look into it. It seemed sorta helpful, not perfect but does save text.