Busy bench

Post a photo of something you are working on today. No need to explain or write anything. A photo is worth a thousand words. If you must write something caption your photo with the "File Comment" field when uploading an attachment. Keep it short and show us some photos!
Forum rules
Pictures please.
jread

Busy bench

Post by jread »

Suddenly I’m making 3?

0-12,0-14,OM-C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TEETERFAN

Re: Busy bench

Post by TEETERFAN »

“They be multiplying, Captain!”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I'm a huge trekkie. "The Problem with Tribbles" was one of my favorites. Good reference! Haha.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
jread

Post by jread »

They'll be no tribble at all!
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Looks like off to a good start. I've made 3 twice now and seems to be more productive for me. Do the good stuff x3 but also the stuff that sucks x3, guess nothing is perfect.

Bruce,
jread

Post by jread »

BEJ wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:36 pm Looks like off to a good start. I've made 3 twice now and seems to be more productive for me. Do the good stuff x3 but also the stuff that sucks x3, guess nothing is perfect.

Bruce,
Interesting to think of the steps we don' t like and wonder how to make them better. I think for me it might be rough shaping the neck, heel and dovetail is the part I enjoy the least. Once it's close, it is more fun. I think I'd use rough CNC necks if I could make them but hand carve them because I can.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I will never make a perfect guitar. Perfect is in the eye of the beholder. I'd say my last "Achilles heel" was fret dressing. I swear I could find a bit of sharpness, no matter what I did. I finally figured out the problem.

I use a file block, 1 side 90°, the other 35°. When using the block, I didn't keep it level with the center of the board; it leaned a little with the radius. I was getting a lot less than 35° on the bevel. Now that I realized my mistake, my fret edges are smooth.

I'm at the point where i can build a guitar in my sleep. But if i look hard enough, I can always find something I could do better.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com