Coyote: build 11

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
jread

Coyote: build 11

Post by jread »

I've not put threads up for all my recent builds but this one has something to show off. I've asked here about doing inlays directly into the spruce and this is my 1st go at that. Could have cut it a little neater but it's great. This is custom build and the owner asked only one thing. "could it have the word Coyote somewhere on the guitar?" He's known to put stickers with names on some of his instruments and I have no idea why. He has a record titled Coyote.. Who knows.

This one is going to go on stage on May 8th for his first in-person concert in over a year here in Indy and off touring after that. I'm thrilled beyond belief.

Sitka Spruce over Honduras mahogany. Rosewood binding, Spanish cedar and black purfling rosette. MOP Coyote and logo inlays, Abalone dots and sunset design. Lettering for inlay and logo cut by Depaule Supply. One of my favorite features of this top is how clean it is except for the dark grain line that underlines the inlay letters.

Here she is:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RHayes

Re: Coyote: build 11

Post by RHayes »

Well done. Funny that there is a local musician in my neighborhood with the Coyote nickname. His last name is Wylie
jread

Post by jread »

awesome. I am not sure if he is naming the guitar Coyote or what reason he has. He doesn't go by it.
PSmill

Post by PSmill »

Beauty!!
koolimy

Post by koolimy »

That is quite clean and beautiful! Really interesting to see a guitar with the inlay on the top.