Latest build

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
jread

Latest build

Post by jread »

I haven't posted in a while as my day job is wearing me out and keeping me from getting a lot done in the shop. But I was able to complete this commission build for a friend and neighbor. Started late last year and just got the setup done today.

This is my bread-n-butter model. A nice humble, 0 body, with striped purfling and rosewood trim. Ebony FB, bridge, and head plate. African mahogany from my local lumber shop. Bearclaw Adi spruce from Arkady Ellern who always has a nice selection to offer with fair price. Send him and email and he'll send you a spreadsheet with his inventory and prices. ellernguitars@outlook.com

My guitar build, fit, and finishes aren't perfect and never will be but I couldn't be happier with how they feel and sound. I like em just how they are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BEJ

Re: Latest builds.

Post by BEJ »

Nice, like how you milled your own B/S, helps if the local yards have a good selection of hardwoods.

Bruce,
Stray Feathers

Re: Latest build

Post by Stray Feathers »

Looks great - I don't think I have seen a lot of bearclaw in adirondack . . . Bruce W.
jread

Post by jread »

Stray Feathers wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:37 pm Looks great - I don't think I have seen a lot of bearclaw in adirondack . . . Bruce W.
Here's the other one I made in the fall from the same batch of spruce. Zoom in on that awesome 3D figure! It's a very nice top and sounds pretty great too.

EIR/Aid OM. Sycamore rosette.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Bearclaw can be very striking. I've used it once the top I picked out in person at LMI back when you could go and do that there.
Yours looks great!
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

that is nice what is so interesting on making guitars is the natural beauty in each piece of wood. We take a dead tree and teach it to sing
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com