Hi from Sherman, TX

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
warren47

Hi from Sherman, TX

Post by warren47 »

Hi there, yet another newbie
I have been playing at playing the classical guitar for 60 or so years. Now that I am retired I'm attempting to get better at it. In 1964 I bought Slone's guitar building book. I had every intention of building a guitar. Still do. A few years ago a Magerit guitar (spanish cheapie) show up on e-bay for a few dollars. It was the proud owner of several holes. I patched the back and put a new Spruce top on it. For what it is it sounds pretty good. The repair on the back is to pronounced so new back to be added soon. I may yet do a scratch build.
MaineGeezer

Re: Hi from Sherman, TX

Post by MaineGeezer »

Fixing up cheap old guitars is a great way to learn, and if your repair doesn't work, you're only out a few bucks. Much better than screwing up the repair on a $10,000 Martin!

Good to have you aboard. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
Morecowbell

Post by Morecowbell »

Yes, welcome aboard!

Repairing is a good way to learn, as is a kit, if you don't want to jump into the deep end of scratch-building right away. There's a lot to figure out, it's great fun.

Best,

Clay
"Facts seldom sway an opinion." - John Hall
"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference." - Van de Snepscheut
BlindBo

Post by BlindBo »

Welcome. There is a lot great information here.

Aggies or Longhorns???????đź‘ą