Hello from the Blue Ridge Mountains

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
Slowpicker

Hello from the Blue Ridge Mountains

Post by Slowpicker »

New builder here. I've built some banjos with a local luthier and several CBGs and kit mandos, but never a full-size acoustic. I Just got a 000 kit from John and am already making awesome mistakes! It's amazing how much one can read and watch, yet it doesn't really come together until you get your hands on it. Every step of the process, I find myself realizing I could have done it better. It just takes seeing and feeling it. I'm already looking forward to my next build. Glad to be here and soak up some of the communal knowledge.

Brennan
Skarsaune

Re: Hello from the Blue Ridge Mountains

Post by Skarsaune »

Howdy neighbor and welcome to the madness!

There might not be a ton of traffic here, but there is a pile of accumulated knowledge and some super helpful folks.

What part of the Blue Ridge? I’m in NE TN, a couple of mountains away.
Slowpicker

Post by Slowpicker »

I'm up 81 a bit from you in the Blacksburg area.
TEETERFAN

Post by TEETERFAN »

Welcome to the forum. I am a newbie also, well into my Blues Creek Guitar kit. John did a great job with all the parts, things are going together nicely. And lot of very good information to be found here, along with very experienced builders!
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Hi. You're in my neck of the woods. I live in WV. Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the forum informative and fun.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com