Hello from Kansas City

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
TEETERFAN

Hello from Kansas City

Post by TEETERFAN »

My name is Kevin Doty and I kinda new to this forum. I joined a few years ago, and I have been catching up a lot in the past couple of months. My recent retirement has opened up my time, so I am really hard at it, digesting the forum’s wealth of information. Additionally, I just received my custom Blues Creek kit, which I will try to document in the next few months. John was great to work with and I couldn’t be happier with the kit. I can’t wait to start making sawdust!
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
banjopicks

Re: Hello from Kansas City

Post by banjopicks »

Hello TEETERFAN. Looking forward to your build. Be sure to ask lot's of questions. I'm just finishing up my first build and, it aint easy without someone to guide you. At least, it wasn't for me. I can't wait to get into my second build, I have so many mistakes to learn from, it should come out awesome. Congrats on your retirement.
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

You realize, of course, that nobody builds just one guitar. You're doomed. :-)
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
TEETERFAN

Post by TEETERFAN »

Thanks for the encouraging words. I got my feet wet when I re-topped my Epiphone dreadnought back in ‘83. I have done plenty of luthier stuff on the side since then, but never a complete acoustic build. I hope things go well and spouse directed home improvement doesn’t factor in too much, ha!
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Welcome! Looking forward to answering any questions you may have and seeing your progress. Relax and have fun.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com