Greetings from Idaho panhandle

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
RHayes

Greetings from Idaho panhandle

Post by RHayes »

Recently found this site as I dive into some guitar building. Carpenter by trade in a resort town and spending more time with shop fabrication and not much on site work anymore. My work and skills are really diverse and I'm a bit of a tool person so should fit right in. I'm on my second L-00 copy using self harvested birch, maple, WRC, and Engleman spruce. My number one is no masterpiece, I hope for a better #2 and then add a bit more complex rosettes and binding when I become more familiar with the building. Forgot to add finishing (thats will take some practice)

I've spent a lot of time on several jigs and fixtures. This is where the site has been much appreciated, so many thanks and I hope to figure out the picture process to share a bit.
tippie53

Re: Greetings from Idaho panhandle

Post by tippie53 »

it is a learning process and with each step you will learn . Mistakes are a way to learn the hard way but learning to repair mistakes takes your skills to another level.
Your brain is the best tool you can have.
we are always here to help so don't be afraid to share your mistakes and your successes
some times the best information is what not to do
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Rag Thumb

Post by Rag Thumb »

Welcome to the forum!

John Hall is a wealth of knowledge and is very willing to come back with ideas, suggestions and solutions when you encounter problems as you likely will. Additionally, I have found everyone here friendly and knowledgable and genuinely interested in seeing you succeed.

Have fun! I know I do.
------------

Rex
RHayes

Post by RHayes »

Thanks Rex. I've been going over the past threads as time permits. The guitar I'm working on will be similar to my first with simple plastic binding and a one ring rosette. Reading whatever I can on taking the next step in those areas
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I hope you have fun while finding the information you need. We love questions. The only stupid question is the one unasked.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com