Hello from KC

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
krrtlr1

Hello from KC

Post by krrtlr1 »

Hello,
My name is Tracy Rollins. I live in a smaller town just outside Kansas City.

Been playing guitar my whole life. Been a toolmaker in the defense industry and a woodworker my whole adult life and have a not so distant retirement coming up.

Just got back from a trip to Gruhn's and fell in love with a 000-28 37 Authentic. Can't really afford, so I thought the next best thing would be to build it. :-)

So, I have a 000-28 kit coming from John in the near future. Hoping to visually, make the matching smaller copy of my HD-28.

Been reading the forum and watching lots of youtube videos.

Look forward to meeting everyone.
Res Firma Mitescere Nescit
Skarsaune

Re: Hello from KC

Post by Skarsaune »

Welcome!

30+ years and counting as a manufacturing engineer (ie, machinist with a degree) here.
30+ Years as a guitar picker, too.

Came to woodworking and guitar building later in life. Lots of fun to be had, and lots of knowledge to be found on this forum.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

we are here to help and share our experience
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
jread

Post by jread »

Welcome and please post progress as well as any questions along the way. We enjoy watching process and you'll be amazed at how much you'll learn along the way.
TEETERFAN

Post by TEETERFAN »

Greetings from another KC area member. I am progressing on kit I got from John last December. You will find tons of priceless information here and very knowledgeable and friendly people to help you weed through all the content on the Internet. Welcome aboard!
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
TEETERFAN

Post by TEETERFAN »

Greetings from another KC area member. I am progressing on kit I got from John last December. You will find tons of priceless information here and very knowledgeable and friendly people to help you weed through all the content on the Internet. Welcome aboard!
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Hi Tracy!

Welcome to the forum. Please, don't be afraid to ask any question; we love questions. The only stupid question is the one not asked.

Relax, have fun!
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com