This is why you shouldn't use Titebond III

What're You Doing?
MaineGeezer

Re: This is why you shouldn't use Titebond III

Post by MaineGeezer »

I looked up the Spectrum Adhesives website and read about CP-0101. They say it's comparable to yellow carpenter's glue (e.g. Elmer's), which I personally would not choose for guitar work. But if you like it, who am I to argue.

I prefer fish glue (as sold by John) or hot hide glue.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
JLT

Post by JLT »

tippie53 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:24 pm no apology needed life sometimes makes us take a different path
It reminds me of two quotes:

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." -- John Lennon

"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." --unknown

Get better, Diane. I hope you make a full recovery and can once again fulfill every one of Marty's desires.
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

MaineGeezer wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:48 pm I looked up the Spectrum Adhesives website and read about CP-0101. They say it's comparable to yellow carpenter's glue (e.g. Elmer's), which I personally would not choose for guitar work. But if you like it, who am I to argue.

I prefer fish glue (as sold by John) or hot hide glue.
Not sure what they are talking about. Been quite a while since I've used Elmers. CP-0101 dries hard and no creep, seems more like the LMI glue than Elmers.

Thought about trying fish glue but like so many things in life you hate to change something that is working ok for you to something that might be better but unproven to you.

Guess because guitars take so much labor and time when you find something that works for you (no matter what it is) changing it is hard for me to do, guess I'm not much of a experimentalist after I find something that works for me.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

As long as you can get it to come loose with heat, it's fine.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com