Another something different...

justrfb

Another something different...

Post by justrfb »

Hello All.
Not necessarily a kit but had to be sanded, finished, frets dressed a bit and assembled... Came out OK and sounds real nice. Willie is happy with it too. ES-335 "kit" from Robert Olson. Nice guitar, just not a whole lot of "building" to do. Onto Mark's Dread...

Sincerely,
Rich
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B. Howard

Re: Another something different...

Post by B. Howard »

Nice!
You never know what you are capable of until you actually try....

Brian Howard
www.brianhowardguitars.com
Taylor authorized service
Custom finishing services

Brian howard's guitar building & repair blog
http://www.brianhowardguitars.com
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

so what do you think of the end result. I hope you can post sound clips. It looks nice and I hope sounds as good as it looks.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com

Post by   »

Rich,
You're doing some real nice work.
-tommy
justrfb

Post by justrfb »

Thank you. I appreciate your words. John, I think it is a beauty!! It sounds nice and Willie has played the crud out of it since I strung it up... I guess that is how I "judge" the builds... If Willie plays it a lot, then it is a good one. If he just reaches for it every once in a while (the red Strat I built him), then it is OK. He has yet to play mostly anything else since I finished this one. I will get a sound clip up soon... Thank you again for all of your help and support.

Sincerely,
Rich
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Nice job Rich, very professional looking

Post by   »

justrfb wrote: If he just reaches for it every once in a while (the red Strat I built him), then it is OK. He has yet to play mostly anything else since I finished this one.
Sincerely,
Rich
The 335 makes him look much cooler.......
justrfb

Post by justrfb »

Hello All.
Thanks for all the kind words and comments. He has 2 guitar solos in his school's spring concert this year and he said, "Dad, could you get the strap buttons on the 335 because I want to play that one in the concert this year..." I must have a "thing" with strap buttons... I still haven't put the second one on the Martin kit I built last year... We are a little busy but I will get a sound clip up soon. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Rich
LeftyAl

Post by LeftyAl »

beautiful guitar. I love that finish. I saw the red strat too! Great job. I did a 335. I was afraid that I would ruin it with a color so I just spray on a clear lacquer.It's ok ,but I wish I tried to do a red finish