The more the merrier.

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
Danl8

The more the merrier.

Post by Danl8 »

When you build more, hopefully skills improve. At least that was the intent I had in building a series of 00 bodies. Here are half of my current projects. I think I can honestly say that I am getting better and faster, too. The most expensive part in each is the neck blocks that John CNC'd for me. The rest of the tonewood comes from Nazareth reject wood where I could successfully dodge windbreaks, wormholes and other beauty marks. One improvement is routing for binding as done with the last of the four, pictured below. Another is running the bender without fear. After two or three more bodies to be built, I'll start adding necks, etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmds

Re: The more the merrier.

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

You learn something new with each build. My goal was to get to the point where no mistakes were made. I don't consciously try to build faster. I think that comes naturally. I build more accurately and with repeatability, so I know the results before building (if that makes sense).
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com