1st build; time to stop dillydallying!

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
BEJ

Re: 1st build; time to stop dillydallying!

Post by BEJ »

Have started on my first cut back. Tried to bend the sides using hot pipe, didn't work out so well. So I made a new bending set up and this worked out a lot better with a few issues.

Looks like this one will be a learner, got some misalignment of the head and tail blocks. Should be able to work around it, and do better the next time. Need to square up the top, might have install a patch to line up the neck. Need to be creative here as most patching looks like crap or trying to cover a big screw up.

A few pics of bending rig and what I've done so far....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Got a little work done on this one. Built a T bar sanding rig for sanding out rim edge, one of those things I wished I'd made sooner after seeing how well it worked. a few pics...Used a binding rig set up to hold guitar and pivot for T bar, nice to use something I already had.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

I did my edge sanding with a similar set up on a few guitars before I made my Sanding dishes.
It always seemed to work very well, and simple too.
Looks great
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Got a little done the past few days, call this "A mess of parts" a few pics...