Back to it! #26

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
jread

Back to it! #26

Post by jread »

Life and my day job have been a bit crazy for me and I've had about an 8 month break from my shop. I had hardly a chance to even go into my workshop let alone get anything built. But recently, things seem to be settling down so I tuned up my bandsaw, sharpened my chisels and planes, changed the paper on my drum sander and boom, right back to it! I had all the materials for this one saved away so it's off to the races.

* 3 piece EIR back and sides
* Top and bracing is Red Spruce sourced from Diane's secret West Virginia mountain forest and logger.
* EIR and purfling rosette
* Neck will be mahogany

I hope to complete this one in time to bring it to the A.S.I.A (Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans) symposium in June. Check this link out to get details and come meet us out there!
https://www.asiartisans.org/
IMG_6597.jpg
IMG_6595.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: Back to it! #26

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Whoo hoo
Isn't it good to be back building!
jread

Post by jread »

Status report. Box looking ship shape, Capt. Top glued on today. I enjoy this part of the build. Next up, binding, and end graft, and starting the neck.
26.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Reid

Post by John Reid »

Looking real good!