PSA: You can order classical guitar kits from Blues Creek Guitars

Questions and answers for beginners. If you have a question, so do most other people.
koolimy

PSA: You can order classical guitar kits from Blues Creek Guitars

Post by koolimy »

Hi, I just wanted to give a big shoutout and PSA to those who might be interested in building a classical guitar. Mr. Hall at Blues Creek Guitars can make a kit for a classical guitar although there might be some customization required for the neck.

But the great thing about getting a classical guitar from Mr. Hall is that you can tweak the specs radically differently from what you can get at other Classical Guitar kit vendors. I ordered a Hauser kit from Mr. Hall and it has a bolt on neck joint and a truss rod. You can also build using a mold and radius dish. I learned guitar building using a bolt on joint and the mold and dish method, so Mr. Hall offering these options was a godsend. It also helps that you get Mr. Hall to help you during your build process with any issues that come up.

I strongly recommend anybody remotely interested to try building one! I just finished my Spruce/Tamarind Hauser kit and I have been enamored by the warm sound. It wasn't that much more difficult building the classical compared to a steel string either, especially with the kit being tailored to steel string style construction. I honestly am so enamored by the classical that my 3rd guitar, if I build one, will also be a classical.