Completed First Guitar

Questions and answers for beginners. If you have a question, so do most other people.
scamp

Completed First Guitar

Post by scamp »

Well I can finally make music with my first guitar!!!
It actually sounds very good and better than I expected.
Still need to tweek the action etc. but no major issues and I'm very happy with the results.

Just wanted to post some pictures of the final project so you could all see the end result and to also thank everyone on this forum for all the help along the way. I know I asked a lot of dumb questions and I appreciate your patience. That said, I quite literally couldn't have done it without you and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated it. Please keep it up as your inputs are critical for rookies like me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jread

Re: Completed First Guitar

Post by jread »

looks fantastic. What a treat to hear them for the 1st time and listen to them change over time. They only get better.
John Reid

Post by John Reid »

Looks beautiful! Play, play, play....
JLT

Post by JLT »

Well done! Lots prettier than my first one!
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

nice piece hope you post some video of it
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
scamp

Post by scamp »

tippie53 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:54 pm nice piece hope you post some video of it
Hi John

You deserve special thanks. Your kit, jigs/tools as well your willingness to provide much needed technical support whenever I needed it helped make this a much more enjoyable experience. I can highly recommend your products to anyone. If, or should I say when, I decide to build another one I will surely be back.

I will try and make a video to show the final piece in more detail as soon as I can. I didn't realize I could post a video on this forum.

Thanks again
Scamp
TEETERFAN

Post by TEETERFAN »

Way to go!! You should be very proud of that instrument. You got a nice guitar and you learned a lot. Nice, professional looking guitar.
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
scamp

Post by scamp »

tippie53 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:54 pm nice piece hope you post some video of it
Hi John. Would like to post video of guitar but attached file size on forum is limited to 12 MB which is too small for any reasonable video. Is there another way to post video so you and others can see it? If not, I can send you a video to your email. Let me know.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Very well done Sir! Your finish turned out looking great and nicely polished. You can be proud of yourself.
Enjoy playing her and start planning your next one!!
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

scamp wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:58 pm
If, or should I say when, I decide to build another one I will surely be back.

Thanks again
Scamp
You've realized a Basic Truth: nobody builds just one guitar.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion