Compensated Saddle

Questions and answers for beginners. If you have a question, so do most other people.
scamp

Compensated Saddle

Post by scamp »

Looking into saddles and saddle compensation.
Seems like part art and part science and so far I have no idea how to approach dealing with this except to try and copy something already out there.

I did notice, however, that you can purchase a compensated bone saddle from Martin for about $10 plus $8 shipping.

Does it make sense to just buy a saddle that is already compensated vs trying to do it yourself?

Scamp
tippie53

Re: Compensated Saddle

Post by tippie53 »

biggest lie out there
there is no one compensated saddle that will work on all guitars.

Follow my gluing bridge video then in a few month you can compensate the saddle if need be. You are better off a few cents flat than sharp

the most offending string is often the B string so allow the guitar to settle in before compensation
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

As someone said " There's no crying in baseball," John, you're saying there is lying in guitars, who would have thought.

Bruce,
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Yuppers! There are loads of information that's untrue. Some is used for marketing.

You'll see no compensation filed on my saddles, either for replacement or builds. It's unnecessary if the bridge is placed in the right spot.
20201020_000938.jpg
20211210_135547.jpg
PicsArt_06-08-11.42.07.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com