Recommending Blues Creek Guitars for guitar kits

Questions and answers for beginners. If you have a question, so do most other people.
koolimy

Recommending Blues Creek Guitars for guitar kits

Post by koolimy »

Hi, I'm not sure if this type of post is okay for this forum so if it isn't please be free to delete this post.
I just wanted to give a shoutout to Mr. Hall from Blues Creek Guitars, because he can provide an insane amount of customization for your acoustic guitar kit.

I just received a Hauser style classical guitar kit from Mr. Hall w/ Tamarind B&S, and a bolt on neck. As far as I know there are no places that provide a classical guitar kit w/ a bolt on neck, all only have a Spanish heel.

My kit required a ton of customization because the neck is a classical style neck (2 inch nut, 650mm scale), but w/ bolt on neck attachment. All the bracing had to be custom made too, as I don't think there are many that offer preshaped braces for classical guitars. Even with the customization and the highly figured wood the price was more than reasonable.

If you want to build a certain type of guitar but can't find a kit from the major players I think you should definitely give Mr. Hall a call or email to see if he can cook something up for you. He is a godsend for us beginners and people who don't have the space and resources to start building from scratch. This is not even talking about his GREAT customer service. So just wanted to give a public appreciation post to Mr. Hall and a strong recommendation for any beginners looking to build a guitar or anybody who wants to try something different but is unsure if they have the resources and expertise to try it by themselves.

Some pictures of the kit that I got. As you can see, the woods are gorgeous!
IMG_20220222_175337235.jpg
IMG_20220222_175341907.jpg
IMG_20220222_175352924.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TEETERFAN

Re: Recommending Blues Creek Guitars for guitar kits

Post by TEETERFAN »

I am well underway with my first Blues Creek kit and I enthusiastically echo all your comments! When I opened the box, I couldn’t have been happier. Good luck!
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
koolimy

Post by koolimy »

TEETERFAN wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:37 pm I am well underway with my first Blues Creek kit and I enthusiastically echo all your comments! When I opened the box, I couldn’t have been happier. Good luck!
Good luck to you with your build! I hope you have a lot of fun and your build is a success. I just wanted to make this topic kind of like a PSA(?) to let people know you are not necessarily limited to the Dreadnoughts, OMs, 000s, etc., for your kits. If you can think of a guitar it might be possible that Mr. Hall can set up a kit for that guitar. Even if it requires some extensive customization, such as changing scale lengths, or making a classical guitar w/ a bolt on neck, he might be up to the challenge. He is such an amazing resource for us beginners and those who can't really get into building from scratch.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

glad your all happy
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com