Very first time building a kit acoustic. So many questions.

Questions and answers for beginners. If you have a question, so do most other people.
phavriluk

Re: Very first time building a kit acoustic. So many questions.

Post by phavriluk »

jread wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:21 pm
MaineGeezer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 pm (You don't need to tell your friends about those times when you're showing them thew guitar!)_
It's an illness all we see are the faults.
And boyoboy does it ever take me a long time to list the faults of any project of mine!
peter havriluk
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

MaineGeezer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:01 am You may be assured that whatever mistakes you may make, we've all done things equally as stupid, if not more so. Don't be embarrassed about asking anything.
NOT STUPID! Maybe a logical dead end or two....
peter havriluk
sixesandsevens

Post by sixesandsevens »

Thanks for the support all! And @Diane - beautiful guitar there with the figured mahogany!

I'm finally back from travel and getting started on my kit this week. Is it preferred to start new threads per issue I encounter, or some other mechanism for asking for help?
BlindBo

Post by BlindBo »

Hey Sixes. Lots of folks here enjoy following members builds under the “Blog Your Project” thread(and expect plenty of pictures😂). That may be a good way for you to get advice and address any questions you have all in one spot and in real time. Most of us enjoy trying to help.

One thought. You were asking about tonewoods, etc. More experienced builders like to have several projects going at the same time to take advantage of down time on one project by working on the other. While the Body Build is an easier way to get your feet wet, you are likely to encounter lots of questions and learn a lot. I’d suggest not worrying about the next project yet and focus 100% of your attention on getting this one finished as well as you can. Hopefully you’ll get an excellent guitar and then you’re off to the races!
Most importantly, have fun! Wishing you the best.
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

Yeah, "Blog Your Project" is a good place to have an ongoing description of your progress, any problems you run into, etc. Then when you're done you have a record of everything you did, assuming you were diligent about keeping it up-to-date.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion