Moxon Vises

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Bob Gleason

Re: Moxon Vises

Post by Bob Gleason »

John, Good that it worked for you.It comes in handy for me. Good luck with your building.-Bob
banjopicks

Post by banjopicks »

I like the idea of mounting in a vise. Mine has to be clamped, I may use your method. I think it could be easily converted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carld05

Post by carld05 »

Here's what I got out of Bill Cory's book on Building Kit Acoustic Guitars. He credited Sylvan with it. I use floor pads cushioning the sides and back and rubber bands cut from inner tubes (do they still have those?) cushion the bars and support the bouts. Has worked great for many years. Oh, that's a 1949 Porter Cable belt sander on the downdraft table.
IMG_20211021_151904_0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BEJ

Post by BEJ »

Another version, has worked well for me, had to revise a few times. Seems like one ends up reworking their tools/gigs as they learn more about building these darn things. a few pics....