The Bendernator fret bender

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Stray Feathers

The Bendernator fret bender

Post by Stray Feathers »

After bending fretwire manually on my last fret job, I began to wonder if there was something affordable out there, so I did not have to take the time to make something myself. In looking on line I came across this one, which is made right here in Canada. The maker calls it the Bendernator, and there is a YouTube video of him making one, and there is lots more information on his website, Guitar Builder Online. I love pretty tools and I had to have one of these. $65 Canadian was more than worth it to me. The brass rings are grooved and slip over the bearings to be used when straightening frets. The main wheel he says is blued steel, to be strong enough for stainless fretwire (I am using gold EVO fretwire). The brass knob adjusts the wheel setting, and has a locking wingnut on the back. I have barely used it but it practically operates itself, it's so smooth. It's one of those things that's just a pleasure to take out of the drawer and put to work. I also have one of his fret presses which works well. Sometimes you just gotta have one . . . Bruce W.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob Gleason

Re: The Bendernator fret bender

Post by Bob Gleason »

Nice looking tool! The Stew-Mac one is similar and works pretty good, though there is room for improvement. It is not nearly as pretty as this one!-Bob
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

What a gorgeous tool! OP's posted in the right place too, a coven of tool fanatics.
peter havriluk
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

They were out of them when I needed a bender; the Bendenator is a nice bender. I picked this one up, also from Canada.
20210417_154819.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Slowpicker

Post by Slowpicker »

This forum is going to bankrupt me.