I bent the sides for these ukes using a Fox-style bender I made for guitars, and modified to do ukuleles too. I am using a guitar heating blanket (from John Hall) for now, but as you can see it is a little cumbersome for ukes, so I am on the lookout for a ukulele blanket - in Canada if I can find one. A company called Omega has some, and even a web page on bending guitar sides, but I have not called them yet. The Black Walnut sides bent quite well (still tweaking my bending form) but the Narra sides were less willing. I had to do a little hand bending on a pipe to get them closer.
I decided to try reverse kerfing for the first time, and made some up from some basswood I had around. It's a little easier to make, and, as I had read in a couple of places, it seems to add more stiffness to the sides - good when there is a little more springback than I would like. The two ukes are now closed up - it seems to take just as many clamps to close a little body as a big one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.