General Information about Building Kit Mandolins
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:17 pm
I just finished my International Violin F5 kit. The person who said that an F5 compared to a flat top guitar was "1/3 the size and four times the work" was not kidding! I think that I made every mistake in the book but once it is set up (buzzes like hell now), I think it will sound ok. Just don't look too closely.
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:07 pm
Glad you got it done. I built 4 mandolins before starting arched guitars. Agree that a F5 is about the most intricate thing around. The effort to carve the scroll and te binding has to be experienced to believe.
Key thing is how it sounds and plays!
- Mandolins and guitars constructed in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains
- Posts: 6968
- Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:09 pm
- Location: Hegins, Pa
carved tops are a lot more work than any flat top
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:33 am
Wow, that looks absolutely smashing! Nice work
- Posts: 1668
- Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:44 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Looks nice! I like the burst.