Redwood tops

Trade, Barter, Sell, or Give away
ruby@magpage.com

Redwood tops

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

I hope this is in the right place

A friend is gutting and modernizing a 1954 house. It had beautiful redwood covering the walls in the foyer and the living room and she and her husband spent a lot of time removing it without damaging it. When I saw this lovely stack of 63 year old wood my first thought was TOPS.

So I picked one out after sorting through it and coming up with perhaps 40-50 appropriate pieces. Here are some shots:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ruby1638/ ... 452256056/

I don't know where I will use this top but here is one thought. I have the wood to make an all-alaskan-yellow-cedar guitar (top, back, sides and neck). The body would look incredible with this top.

A question to you all - is there any interest in perhaps purchasing some of this?

Ed
Ed M
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: Redwood tops

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Wow Ed that's some nice redwood. Is it all vertical grain?
Redwood might be my favorite top wood.
I have a couple clean top sets and a few from reclaimed sinker/driftwood, and that material I got to make 3 and 4 piece tops that has some streaking also. That wood looks very uniform in color.
How much are you selling it for
Diane Kauffmds

Re: Redwood tops

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I love to see repurposed materials. Thank you Ed, for posting this. I'm going to put this in the for sale Guitar or Guitar parts forum for you. I think more folks will see it.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com