Grand Opening: New Birkonium Website

Trade, Barter, Sell, or Give away
Andy Birko

Grand Opening: New Birkonium Website

Post by Andy Birko »

Hi All,

Some of you may know me, others may not. John Hall and I partnered up a few years ago when the supply of Martin Luthier connection necks started to dry up and I've been providing John's necks since then. I'm happy to announce that after over a year's work with my web guy, Birkonium has launched a new website! We are now offering, by far, the largest selection of pre-carved acoustic guitar necks available anywhere! By manufacturing to order (it does take a few weeks to fill neck orders) we can keep our inventory low and maintain competitive pricing.

Some of you may use McMaster Carr to get various bits and pieces and their website really inspired me on how a site should work. Go to the category - use the filters to narrow down your search and boom, you've found what you need.

Click this link and sign up for our newsletter for 10% off your first order. https://bit.ly/3HSk15n

On a personal note - I've never been very active on this forum so I expect many of you probably don't know my background. I'm a first generation American who's parents are from Ukraine. The Ukrainian instrument "bandura" is what got me into luthiery in the first place about 25 years ago. My wife and her son just moved from Kyiv about two years ago - my parents-in-law stayed in Kyiv through the entire battle.

My wife continues to work for her law firm in Ukraine but we're not sure when we'll get another pay check from them. If you've been on the fence as to trying a pre-carved neck, fretboard or bridge, consider giving us a shot now. It would certainly help.

Also, next week I'll be posting some vetted charities and other organizations to donate to Ukraine's cause on the website. I spoke to a very old bandurist friend of mine who's in the western part of the country which has been somewhat safer. He's been helping the internally displaced in Ukraine get what they need. When we were speaking the other day, he said that a lot of the internally displaced bandurists that he's spoken too of course grabbed their favorite instruments when running from the bombs but forgot to grab their tuning keys so, I've been tasked with getting a batch of tuning keys sent over there for him to distribute. I'll be posting some more about that presently as well.

Anyhow, have a look, tell me what you think and give us a try. This is just the initial launch and products will be added regularly.

Thanks so much!
Andy Birko
http://www.birkonium.com CNC for Luthiers