Reminder to save draft?

Ask questions about the phpBB forum software. Any questions on the use of the new forum software can be asked here.
Stray Feathers

Reminder to save draft?

Post by Stray Feathers »

I've sometimes prepared messages to post and then absent-mindedly (yes, it's true . . .) logged out without posting - thus losing the message. I have wondered if it was possible to have a reminder that you have an un-posted or un-saved draft. Then recently I discovered on another forum (for Mac users) that, if I forgot to post a draft, just such a reminder appeared. Can this be built in to KGF? Bruce W.
JLT

Re: Reminder to save draft?

Post by JLT »

It sounds like a useful feature. But the two forums (fora?) might be running incompatible software.

What Mac forum are you referring to?
Stray Feathers

Post by Stray Feathers »

The forum is definitely different; I don't know how these things work and how much they can be modified:

http://vmug.bc.ca/vmugforum/index.php

I can give you my password to get in if that would help, or "introduce" you to someone who might be involved. Bruce.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I'll ask John Read to take a look. It's a good suggestion.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
jread

Post by jread »

I took a quick look and there are extensions for auto-saving drafts for our software (phpbb.) I've not seen one with a reminder at logout but I'll keep looking. I've got a list of improvements for our next update and will try to add this in and will let you know.