SOFTWARE PROBLEM

Ask questions about the phpBB forum software. Any questions on the use of the new forum software can be asked here.
Diane Kauffmds

SOFTWARE PROBLEM

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

The forum software is experiencing sporatic errors. You may receive an error message when posting. Admin is aware of the problem and is addressing the issue. Please bear with us. Thank you for understanding!

DIane Kauffmann
Administrator
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
jread

Re: SOFTWARE PROBLEM

Post by jread »

We seem to be getting a lot of "HTTP 500" errors that show in your browser when making a new post or replying to an existing post especially when adding an attachment/photo. In my testing, I have seen that the reply or post actually goes through and is available on the site even though your browser window shows server error. The problem doesn't always happen.

Thanks for your patience while we continue looking into this. If you are unable to post at all, reach out to me at fiftythree.30@gmail.com and we can chat offline.

thanks
John Read

This is the error that comes back in your window after you click submit. But the post seems to show up anyway.

This page isn’t working
www.kitguitarsforum.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Just tried to post. Got the error and lost my post too. Arg
jread

Post by jread »

I’m sorry. I’m not able to find a cause or any error in the logs. I have reached out to the account owner of our server. I am admin on the forum but don’t have access to the hosting provider or database. I’ll keep everyone updated as I find out more.
Stray Feathers

Post by Stray Feathers »

Kevin, a post of yours appeared at 4:58 . . .
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

This is what's happening. The error occurs, the post is lost, then it appears later. I posted 4x and all of a sudden all 4 posts showed up.

So if you get the error, I'd wait 10 minutes before reposting.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

BTW, we're also getting this message:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
Kevin Sjostrand

No, thank you John and Diane for the work you do to keep this forum operating. We all appreciate it!!!
I see that my post from earlier today on my build blog is there now. Pretty strange.
I am still being block by Spamhaus but if I switch to my cell connection then I can post.
jread

Post by jread »

Kevin Sjostrand wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:21 pm No, thank you John and Diane for the work you do to keep this forum operating. We all appreciate it!!!
I see that my post from earlier today on my build blog is there now. Pretty strange.
I am still being block by Spamhaus but if I switch to my cell connection then I can post.

Kevin. Thanks for mentioning Spamhaus again, It made me go look into our logs. I noticed that IS a server setting and likely coming from our forum software and not the hosting provider. So, I disabled it. Could you please let us know if that fixes your blocking issue? It is a forum security feature that checks an external list of IP addresses that are known to be spammers. Somehow your hosting provider must be in the list, I'm sure it is just a misconfiguration or someone in your provider's network is a spammer maybe.

I'm partially hobbled in looking into these problems because I don't see the hosting provider side. I have reached out to the owner of the the server who is a friend of John's and we'll see if I can get access and track down the posting error.
Kevin Sjostrand

Let's see if this works, connection with T Mobile internet