Upcoming Forum Changes

Ask questions about the phpBB forum software. Any questions on the use of the new forum software can be asked here.
jread

Upcoming Forum Changes

Post by jread »

Hello,

I plan to update this Forum with the the following changes.

Adding a "donation" button to the front page. All funds collected will be used to directly support the forum hosting and administration costs. We hope to raise funds to purchase tools and other items for product reviews, giveaways and special events for forum members.

You'll see new rotating banners above the forum with sponsor logos and links to their sites. These will be trusted friends and sponsors who know us are friends with the forum, not randomly generated ads. We will be reaching out to our vendors and suppliers to see if we can generate sponsors. If you have any leads or ideas, please send them our way. Contact info: kitguitarsforum@gmail.com or message me here.

Auto-drafts will be enabled on posts. I've found it to be somewhat less than perfect but it will save your text automatically as requested. Info -> https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... 858254317f

The forum archives site has not been working for a while. We still have the content but are unable to host in its current form due to the fact that our provider now disables the old PHP versions for security reasons. I will be removing the link from our home page until I am able to look into upgrading the old site. It's been many years since it was active but there is a lot of good history and information there so will look into doing the changes needed to get it active again.