Corrupt image file?

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Stray Feathers

Corrupt image file?

Post by Stray Feathers »

Kevin Sjostrand posted some images in a recent thread in Restorations and Renovations. One of them, when enlarged, appears like the screen shot attached below. I have seen this before in images I have processed and thought it was related to one of my image processing apps (ACDSee for Mac) but I am not using that app. I would love to know what causes this if anyone has seen it before. I am using an iMac, Safari browser, and Apple Mail, but Mail is not used for KGF correspondence. (The thumbnail was okay, and other images were okay.) I tried to send Kevin a PM, but could not attach the image, so here it is. Bruce W.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TEETERFAN

Re: Corrupt image file?

Post by TEETERFAN »

I downloaded his mandolin image to my Apple iPhone and it looks normal no matter what I do. No manipulation produced those artifacts. Puzzling.
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
jread

Post by jread »

I found his thread and pic and it looks ok to me in my phone and pc. Perhaps something with your desktop resolution or zoom?
Stray Feathers

Post by Stray Feathers »

This was happening in the past when I sent images by email occasionally, but in this instance the image was downloaded from the ether, and Apple Mail is not involved. I assume you are on Windows computers? If so it must be an Apple quirk. It appears normal when I download the image and open it in the image software where the fault has appeared on other images in the past, so I'm baffled. Again. Thanks for looking at it anyway.