Hollow body tailpiece

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Diane Kauffmds

Re: Hollow body tailpiece

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

At any rate, by gut still says that the hole is from transferring the volume knob. They may have put a new pickguard on the guitar, which would have covered the original hole.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
TEETERFAN

Post by TEETERFAN »

Ok, I was bored and poked around the web. That hole is to accommodate the spring on another type of Harmony tremolo. Here’s a pic. Screw holes also match holes in body. Perhaps It is the “Roy Smeck H73”.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
slskunk

Post by slskunk »

Wow you guys are good. The back of the guitar still has the same red paint. I think you nailed it.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I WAS a vibrato! I wasn't sure and I've not had time to research. Good job Teeterman!
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
TEETERFAN

Post by TEETERFAN »

I confess that I have an affection for the unsophisticated, sometimes clunky hardware you see on these cheaper instruments.
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
slskunk

Post by slskunk »

conveniently that exact bridge was available for sale on ebay and I got it. I think your pic was the ebay pic. what a coincidence. pickups and other parts should be easy to get. any ideas on a neck? there are a couple Harmony necks on ebay which seem similar to what I need but they are a little pricy (and obviously beat up given their age).
TEETERFAN

Post by TEETERFAN »

Reverb.com has a “Harmony Roy Smeck H73 Red”, which has many pictures of the guitar in the listing. Good reserch. You might look for parts there.
Kevin Doty
Kansas City