Meet Martin

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Diane Kauffmds

Meet Martin

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Hi everyone,

After the loss of Parker, we suffered another loss. We lost our little black cat. I don't know how old she was;. She was a stray who had tried to adopt us for months, before I relented and brought her in the day before Halloween in 2020. Her ear had been clipped, indicating she was a catch and release stray, that had been spayed.

She passed away very suddenly. She hadn't been ill. I don't allow my cats outside. This happened about 10 days after we lost Parker. Parker's death wasn't completely unexpected.

I went to the Humane Society on this past Wednesday. While standing in the lobby, a gray striped arm came put of a cage and touched me. I when I started talking to him, he kissed my hand. I made an application and was notified on Thursday that I'd been approved.

When I got him out of the cage, he showered me with kisses, like a puppy. They called him "Bruno". I've renamed him Martin (Marty for short) after Martin Guitars. He's already my constant companion. I've never had a cat that "kisses" as much as Marty.

I'm still recovering from my second shoulder surgery. He's been sleeping on me, in the hospital bed. He's found that if he climbs to the top, when it's up, he can slide back down, like a penguin on ice.

He's about 2 1/2 months old. As you can see, he's discovered the finches!
20220318_121907.jpg
20220318_214409.jpg
20220319_114659.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
tippie53

Re: Meet Martin

Post by tippie53 »

pins the cute meter
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
TEETERFAN

Post by TEETERFAN »

You have been on quite an emotional roller coaster, but Martin looks like the perfect (pun resisted) cure! Take care of that shoulder.
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
John Reid

Post by John Reid »

Looks like two happy critters!
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

ENVY!
peter havriluk