Marble Run Mechanical Gear Game

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Diane Kauffmds

Marble Run Mechanical Gear Game

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I'm still laid up with the second shoulder surgery, but I'm allowed to do passive motion with my right arm. I propped it up in the sling and have spent some time every day for the past week working on this gear puzzle. I love mechanical, Rube Goldberg-type contraptions.

This is really well-made. I cleaned off a couple of places with the included 220g sandpaper, but the gears mesh cleanly and the whole thing runs smoothly and is as steady as a rock. I decided to use a couple of very small spots of CA glue in 3 or 4 places for added security, but otherwise this is constructed without glue or tools.

I'm going to motorize the run with a variable speed motor.

If you're interested, there are at least 4 different types of marble runs on Amazon. This is mine:

ROKR Marble Run Wooden Model Kits 3D Puzzle Mechanical Puzzles for Teens and Adults(Waterwheel Coaster) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P17N45H/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Click on the mp4 file attachment, then open the file after it downloads to see the marble run.
20220101_132458_1_1.mp4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Diane Kauffmds

Re: Marble Run Mechanical Gear Game

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

You'll have to excuse the camera movements in the recording. I was holding the camera and cranking the run.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
MaineGeezer

Re: Marble Run Mechanical Gear Game

Post by MaineGeezer »

I put together one of these
https://www.amazon.com/UGears-Hurdy-Gur ... 107&sr=1-3
a couple of years ago. A different company, I guess, but similar assembly. Like all hurdy-gurdies, the sound of it annoys adults and terrorizes small children.
It's totally impractical as a functional musical instrument, but it was fun to put together.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion