A Chance to Show Them Off

Get Togethers, Workshops, Open Houses (Any Place, Any Size)
Stray Feathers

A Chance to Show Them Off

Post by Stray Feathers »

I signed up as a participant in the annual Spring Art Tour organized by the local arts council in my town, which ran April 14 through 16. I cleaned my shop (yes, really) and set up finished instruments and works in progress, tonewoods to tap, and so on. Weather was not great but there was a steady trickle of visitors, most just curious because this was not a typical "art" stop. This was the first time I put prices on things; nothing sold, but more people know I am out there. And I also was happy to fly the lutherie flag, to let people know there are hand-builders nearby. Builders out there might consider joining such a group to take advantage of these opportunities - at least until the commissions come in quickly enough to keep you busy full time! Bruce W.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skarsaune

Re: A Chance to Show Them Off

Post by Skarsaune »

My wife and I are part of our local equivalent arts group. My participation has been more as a musician providing music for their events, but I have exhibited a guitar for one of their shows. My wife exhibits her mosaics and also teaches classes on a regular basis. We did participate in a virtual photographic show of our studios/shops during covid.

I just applied for a fellowship grant that was being offered locally to support traditional arts/crafts/etc. They specifically mentioned luthiers so what the heck, I applied. Worst they can do is say yes. If selected, I'll do a project that includes a local and a regional show. Wish me luck.