ASIA SYMPOSIUM DATES

Get Togethers, Workshops, Open Houses (Any Place, Any Size)
tippie53

ASIA SYMPOSIUM DATES

Post by tippie53 »

Hi Everyone,

I've finally gotten the definitive date for ASIA Symposium 2019 at East Stroudsburg University, E. Stroudsburg, PA. The date is: June 19-23, 2019. This is one week later than usual, but because another organization wants that week, we're going with this date. I could have had the first week in June, but that conflicts with David Nichols recurring festival commitment, so that negated scheduling it then.

Please use this date for scheduling attendance and workshops. I'd like the Board Members to commit to doing a workshop at Symposium 2019; it would help me immensely in putting everything together. David Nichols (Benevolent Dictator) has committed to doing his pearl cutting and guitar bracing workshops and I can assure you that your help in committing to a workshop, or two, would be of great help to begin filling the schedule for the winter Guitarmaker listing of workshop presenters. Every Symposium year the extra effort of creating another five-day event becomes a weighty situation for me. And I'll be looking forward to enlisting Steven Kovacik for a workshop, this time around, since he did no workshop for Symposium 2017.

I'll be seeing some of you at Woodstock, and will talk with you about Symposium 2019.

Regards,

Bear
Alton "Bear" Acker, Executive Director ASIA
Editor, Guitarmaker
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com