Baritone Uke Scale

mjmeehan

Baritone Uke Scale

Post by mjmeehan »

Aha.. First post!

I've fretted my fretboard and compared it to the plans I have... and they don't match up. My frets gain a little on every fret on the plan. By that I mean the overall scale of what I have is a little shorter than the plans.
So my question is, as long as I keep the pivot point between the nut and saddle on the 12th fret (which is where the plans line up) am I OK? I assume so, but I know what happens when I assume...

I am aware I'll have to adjust my bracing pattern and bridge patch accordingly. As long as the scale is a non issue.
tippie53

Re: Baritone Uke Scale

Post by tippie53 »

that should do the trick . The important thing is the the movement will be in the correct relation for the scale. I think you will be fine .
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

I wouldn't trust the drawings to be at 100% either. I have a few plans around and none are spot on when measured with a rule.

Ken
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

One note about plans . Unless they are marked ( SCALE ) DO not trust the plan as a pattern . There are plenty of free fret layout software on the web. Measure them out with an accurate device and always measure from the same fret . do not just go up the board . If you are off one fret placement and you keep measuring of the next fret , they are all going to be off .
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
mjmeehan

Post by mjmeehan »

The plans are marked Scale- 1/1 Full, but that's probably good advice when looking over any plan. The bracing will have to be shifted anyway to accommodate the change in the bridge plate location.
Thanks for the tips.