be well and stay safe

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
tippie53

be well and stay safe

Post by tippie53 »

this is a perilous time. For all members stay safe , and I hope the best for all. May we all come out of this better people. Please share how your handling this and know we all care for each other.
be prepared , be careful , and be kind
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
jread

Re: be well and stay safe

Post by jread »

thanks for posting. I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to work from home via computer. So far my company seems inclined to act like our work is going to just go on like normal. Here in Indy the grocery stores are busy but restocked and everyone is helping one another out in many ways. Our new heroes are the everyday workers that we should always appreciate. The grocery gang, the postal and package carriers, utilities. Makes us appreciate the simple things in life as I always try to do.

So for me, I am quite fortunate that my life hasn't changed much. Another fortunate thing for myself is that leaves us lots time to work in the shop. Stay safe.
Last edited by jread on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tubegeek

Post by tubegeek »

Thanks for this John. I can simply say that I'm glad to have a project right now. And that it's become clear that the best thing I can do every day is get outside and go for a walk.

Stay safe everyone.
Skarsaune

Post by Skarsaune »

Not much change here. TN just closed bars and restaurants yesterday.

My job considers itself essential so I keep showing up for work. If I get sick, they will pay me for my 2 week quarantine.

I'm not super happy about it but I am glad to be working, making money, and spending it.
thronson

Post by thronson »

Thanks
I'm out on the west coast, near the SF bay area. Our small town just had the first virus case two days ago. And the town went empty.
rcnewcomb

Post by rcnewcomb »

I'm in the San Francisco Bay area. Work sent us home 2 weeks ago. I'm grateful to have my shop in my garage. The mayor and governor have put everything on lockdown. The going barter-rate is 3 soups for a toilet paper roll.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out - another good day in the shop
nkwak

Post by nkwak »

Thanks, John. I've been a stay at home dad with a severely autistic son so social distancing is not exactly a new concept. It's been nice having my wife home for this first week and I've been enjoying having family dinners again. My wife has a career though and is working from home so she's experiencing a mixture of stress and boredom. When there was talk of panic, she ordered a case of TP on Amazon - and it's only gotten worse. I'm actively resisting on being told to go to Wal Mart because her local Facebook group says they have hand sanitizer and paper towels in stock.
~ Neil
mjmeehan

Post by mjmeehan »

Here in the Lehigh Valley in PA we're doing our part to hunker down. My wife can work from home and my employer has moved our summer vacation to this week and is paying us to be off next week, for which I am grateful. I know so many are not as fortunate. Hopefully this thing will pass by sooner than later.
It has gotten me off my backside and I cleaned off my workbench so I can restart a few stalled instrument projects. No excuses now!
Also my wife has always overstocked an ample supply of TP that I will NEVER, EVER complain about again!!
Stay safe, Stay well, and order out from your favorite restaurant/brewery/corner store/luthier/ etc. if you can. They need our help too.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

just be careful I wish everyone be spared
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Rag Thumb

Post by Rag Thumb »

All of NC is on stay at home orders, but many people are considered essential so there is still a fair amount of activity around. The stores are working hard to keep the stores stocked but a think the hoarders are making it tough.

Thank goodness for my guitar building hobby! Am in the middle of holding two at the moment and have no shortage of things to keep me busy.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.
------------

Rex