Nifty Little Sander!

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
jread

Re: Nifty Little Sander!

Post by jread »

Yep, Ran out when you posted it and got the sale so thanks! This end graft was done in seconds. Been needing something like this. I haven't tried swapping the sticky paper but imagine it will be fine.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

jread wrote:Yep, Ran out when you posted it and got the sale so thanks! This end graft was done in seconds. Been needing something like this. I haven't tried swapping the sticky paper but imagine it will be fine.
I'm glad you found it useful.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

Diane- What was the approximate physical size of the box this sander came in? A friend ordered one. USPS says it was delivered to his mailbox last week, but he did not get it. Trying to get info to go back to USPS with. Thanks, Bob
jread

Post by jread »

Bob Gleason wrote:Diane- What was the approximate physical size of the box this sander came in? A friend ordered one. USPS says it was delivered to his mailbox last week, but he did not get it. Trying to get info to go back to USPS with. Thanks, Bob
The sander's box I bought in store last week was about 12" x 8" x 8". Not sure if shipping would have put that box into a bigger box tho.
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

Thanks jread.--Bob
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Bob Gleason wrote:Diane- What was the approximate physical size of the box this sander came in? A friend ordered one. USPS says it was delivered to his mailbox last week, but he did not get it. Trying to get info to go back to USPS with. Thanks, Bob
The box is 11 long x 9" wide x 7.5" high. But, I think it was in another box that I've since thrown out. He'd have to have a large mailbox for it to fit. I have an old fashioned rural mailbox, and it won't fit in it.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

After seeing the sander on this site, I told a friend who bought one. I ended up getting 1 too. Certainly could have lived without it, but at $35.00 it was a deal. I have a 12" disc and a 6" disc on other tools, but this little 5" one is pretty cool. Very quiet, smooth, and easily moved right to the work bench for projects.Great to have right at the bench for working with pearl purfling for one. Only drawback is that I only have whole shop dust collection, so hard to collect the dust from it. Can't handle the noise from those cheap portable vacuums, and the good Fein ones are pricey.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

The dust collection could certainly be better. It's something I'm going to take a close look at for modification. I use a small shopvac and I wear a mask when in use.

I've found it useful for all sorts of things. It will handle the hard stuff, like ebony. I just let the grit do the work. It's my go to sander. I have it mounted on my favorite workbenche, right across from where I do the majority of my work.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

Just saying how much I like this little sander the more I use it. Really great for pearl work. No need to get up and walk to the sander anymore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jread

Post by jread »

Started using it for pearl last night. Nice score, Diane. right on the bench next to my project and saw station. Just starting a bigger project and this surely speeds things up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.