Storage unit contents look very intriguing!

ChuckBarnett

Storage unit contents look very intriguing!

Post by ChuckBarnett »

This came to my attention and I'd make an offer on the lot if I knew enough to be reasonable to low end. Side-bender jig, solera board, sides and back sets, a lot of stuff.

Looks like this might have belonged to a classical builder??

3 more pics to follow...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChuckBarnett

Re: Storage unit contents look very intriguing!

Post by ChuckBarnett »

I'm just getting started and own a bending iron. Not interested in building classicals (yet). What do y'all think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Interesting. The wood would be useful to any builder.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

Classical builder's hoard. What was he doing drilling a seventh hole in that one neck? Interesting.
ChuckBarnett

Post by ChuckBarnett »

Danl8 wrote:Classical builder's hoard. What was he doing drilling a seventh hole in that one neck? Interesting.
I surmised the same (classical...) I also noticed that (odd tuner count) as well. Perhaps a mess-up he hung onto to fix??
ChuckBarnett

Post by ChuckBarnett »

I found out a man from Portland paid $1,500 for the wood alone. In good weather I am 3 hours plus away from where this stash was. With all the snow that we've had oh, no guarantees. He was 45 minutes away and had a chance to look it over... I'd really like to know what was in that! Oh well
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

ChuckBarnett wrote:I found out a man from Portland paid $1,500 for the wood alone. In good weather I am 3 hours plus away from where this stash was. With all the snow that we've had oh, no guarantees. He was 45 minutes away and had a chance to look it over... I'd really like to know what was in that! Oh well
Dang, I thought that was your hoard. I was gonna say you did very well from what I could see in the pictures. :-)
ChuckBarnett

Post by ChuckBarnett »

Danl8 wrote:
Dang, I thought that was your hoard. I was gonna say you did very well from what I could see in the pictures. :-)[/quote]

Woulda been crazy. I looked over a guys entire shop a number of years ago and didn't bite. I was too new and didn't have enough knowledge to jump on that. This one was just too far away, what with the weather here and me with a good cold and all.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

someone has a nice stash
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com