Old member returns....

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
Chris Pile

Old member returns....

Post by Chris Pile »

Chris Pile here.... I was a charter member of ASIA way back in the 80's. I drifted away from ASIA in the 90's (I think it was), but now I'm back. I used to run a repair shop in Wichita, KS named Six String Fever. I did some building on the side. I also wrote some articles for the Guild of American Luthiery before ASIA was born. I wrote a lot of stuff for String Instrument Craftsman when it was published by Guitar Player/ Frets magazines. And of course, I wrote for ASIA before their magazine became GuitarMaker. I attended several Symposiums and had a great time.

Now we are well into the 21st century, and I am semi-retired. I don't have a shop in a big music store anymore. I've gone back to my roots, and do my repair and building at home. I am far too busy with repairs for a couple stores, and can't get to my own projects half the time. In fact, I get an amount of satisfaction telling people "NO" when they find out I'm still around and want my phone number. So, anyway - I've returned to the fold. Glad we ALL survived.
Diane Kauffmds

Re: Old member returns....

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Welcome back Chris, it's nice to meet you. I look forward to reading about your work.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
tippie53

Re: Old member returns....

Post by tippie53 »

look forward to seeing more from you
thanks for coming back
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans