birdhouse project

Take us through building your guitar step by step. Post pictures and tell us what you're doing.
ruby@magpage.com

Re: birdhouse project

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

I clamp my router in the vice with 2 fitted pieces of wood. Usually I pass the router over the body, but I will try to pass the body over the router.

Just takes a minute to spin the body - then a second time to ensure everything is even
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ed M
ruby@magpage.com

Here is am holding the body against the tall fence as I spin it. This technique works great and I will try it on my next guitar.

Tape on the binding

A friend came up with a name for the project

The Bluesbird House

Does anyone know how to post more than 3 shots per message? Or more than one URL?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ed M
ruby@magpage.com

Scrape the binding. I normally let the Duco sit for a bit as the binding shrinks, but it will still look great on this one

Make a bridge - saw the slot for the saddle - which in this case is a piece of ivoroid binding,
Ed M
ruby@magpage.com

Glue on the bridge

Glue in the saddle
Ed M
Talladam

Post by Talladam »

Do you change the setting of your router bit to take a tiny bit more off when you go around a second time for the binding? Or do you just go around the second time to get any spots you missed?
ruby@magpage.com

2 passes with the same setting. On a real guitar I might do 3 to be sure. I have never had to do much filing to even things up.

Ed
Ed M
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

ruby@magpage.com wrote:Does anyone know how to post more than 3 shots per message? Or more than one URL?
Url's are limited. I've not had any issue with posting photos. I don't know if you're limited by the size of the photos.

Are you putting your photos directly into the forum, or are you using a hosting service, like photobucket? You may be limited to 3 per post if you use a photo service.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Mal-2

Post by Mal-2 »

I am restricted to three uploaded photos per post. I don't think this is unreasonable, but I wanted to give Ruby some confirmation that it's not just them.
ruby@magpage.com

All that's left is a set of legs to stand it up for display - I will eventually bolt it to a fencepost. I will add a picture once it goes on display in early March.

All walnut (thanks Diane), except for the piece of pine that is the pole/neck
Ed M
ruby@magpage.com

And a couple more. If I post from a service, there is a URL involved and I only get the one to list. If I post pictures from my desktop, then I only get 3.
Ed M