Bandsaw suggestions

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
John J

Re: Bandsaw suggestions

Post by John J »

Kevin - what size/brand blade are you using for the re sawing?
Learning every day.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

John I'm using a Woodslicer, 1/2 in. Seems to be all I need, works great.
Kbore

Post by Kbore »

I just posted this on the "other" topic for " What Bandsaw". You can look up the POWERMATIC specs on line.. I've cut (resawn) 15" black walnut logs on it as well as 4" thick ash, hard maple and oak. The blade matters too. Now you get to learn about bandsaw blades (wet wood, dry wood, brittle wood, soft wood reassign wood). I have 6 blades and I think they are Timber Wolf, but I can remember.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Measure Twice,

Karl B
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Thank you kbore. I'll check out Powertech.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
saltytri

Post by saltytri »

Kevin Sjostrand wrote:John I'm using a Woodslicer, 1/2 in. Seems to be all I need, works great.
Ditto on the Woodslicer. I normally use a 3/4" Woodslicer on my 16" Minimax because they last well enough for the price and the kerf is pretty thin, which is sometimes important for getting maximum yield. I occasionally use a 1" Lenox Woodmaster CT carbide blade for the really hard stuff but these are very costly and the kerf is wider. Both give a reasonably nice cut. If I could only have one blade for resawing, it would be the Woodslicer hands down.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

amazon had Laguna saws on sale
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I've decided that a thickness sander is my highest priority. I will be investing in a larger bandsaw, hopefully before the end of the year.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

Diane Kauffmds wrote:I've decided that a thickness sander is my highest priority. I will be investing in a larger bandsaw, hopefully before the end of the year.
It was my priority, too, and I got it in early spring. To say I'm ecstatic about it's utility is an understatement. I chose the supermax. The only issue with it is the weight (getting it out of the minivan and assembled). My bandsaw upgrades are delayed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.