Workshop

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
Diane Kauffmds

Workshop

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I figure our workshop is our largest tool. Most of you will remember last summer when I finally got a nifty new, well organized work area.

It was great...for about a month.

I outgrew it very quickly as I started taking in repairs. The guitars filled my little workroom. So, we walled in half the basement. I went from less than 75 Sq feet to around 500. The other half of the Basement has the large saws, combo sander, etc.

The original workroom is my guitar storage room now. I moved my bench out into the main room and added 2 more benches. I went to the Habitat for Humanity Restore and picked up 4x florescent light fixtures, various storage drawers, little pieces of furniture that are great for storage. I bought an 8 x 4' pegboard, which I cut into 6 smaller pegboards to place in strategic areas.

I'm still organizing, so excuse the mess in the photos. I still have a lot of supplies in boxes, awaiting for permanent homes.

I even have a small bathroom now, as soon as the last 2 walls are installed. No more climbing from the basement to the 2nd floor when nature calls.

As this build winds down, and before I get started on the restorations. I'm getting the shop organized completely and chucking those boxes. More shelves to be put up this week.

Eventually I'll paint the walls. We had a lot of repairs to do in the basement when we bought the house, to get rid of the moisture.
PicsArt_02-28-03.51.13.jpg
PicsArt_02-28-03.49.49.jpg
PicsArt_02-28-03.50.12.jpg
PicsArt_02-28-03.51.37.jpg
PicsArt_02-28-03.52.00.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: Workshop

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Wow Diane that is great, so much more room. Congrats! And looks like you have alot of work ahead of you with all those repairs. Have fun!