I'll have a few hand planes for sale soon, anyone interested

Trade, Swap, Sell, Give away
Kevin Sjostrand

I'll have a few hand planes for sale soon, anyone interested

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

I have some extra planes that I'm cleaning and tuning up that I'd like to sell. I have at least one Stanley #5 1/4, possible two, one or two Stanley #5, and a Stanley #4. These are all older, pre 1940 planes.
I also have a Fulton (made by Millers Falls) #3 that is already cleaned and tuned, a very nice working plane. They won't look like new, but will be rust free, and retain some scratches and patina and will be fully functional and beautiful. I do restore the knobs and totes on my planes too.
I am thinking $60 each for the Stanleys and $50 for the Fulton. Shipping by USPS priority extra.

I will put up some pictures if anyone shows interest.

It's hard to let them go, but the real fun for me is in finding these old planes, and then the fixing up of these great old tools and getting them back in the hands of folks who want to use them.
John J

Re: I'll have a few hand planes for sale soon, anyone intere

Post by John J »

Those would be a real catch for someone. I don't need those sizes, but if sometime you have a #7 that needs a new home I just might be interested.
Learning every day.
Kevin Sjostrand

Pics of the Stanley 5 1/4's, Stanley #5's and the Fulton #3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Sjostrand

I also have this Stanley #4 not yet cleaned up, if you want to do the work on it, $40 for that one,
and the #6 without a tote, a hole drilled in the bed at the tail and a small chip out of the side at the tail. This one has been derusted. It is original, low front knob, and early model. $60 as is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Sjostrand

John, I do have a very special #7 I'd consider selling. It is about 100 years old and in excellent shape. It is a Norvell-Shapleigh that has a wood knob and a molded rubber tote.
These are very rare. If you want a user and a piece of history. If you are interested, let me know. These go when they come up on Ebay for around $175.
If you have interest, I'll take some pics tonight.
Kevin Sjostrand

I have the Fulton #3 and the two Stanley #5 planes left if you are interested.

Kevin
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

Kevin, I am looking for a small/medium length plane, but don't know my plane #'s. What is the length of the sole on the ones you have left? Thanks, Bob
Kevin Sjostrand

Hey Bob,
The Fulton is a #3 size, 8" long and a 1 3/4" wide iron.

The Stanley #5 is 14" long with a 2" wide iron. I still have the two #5's and the Fulton plane

The Stanley 5 1/4 is sold. I am keeping the other one, and the #6 is sold. The #4 is also sold.

I do find the #5 to work quite well for most things, jointing, and flattening/smoothing too with a little camber on the iron.
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

Kevin,
That 14" long one sounds about right. I have a 9" and the next ones are 22" and 24", so I'd like something in the middle. Awkward doing this on the e-mail and I'm leaving to teach a lap steel building class on another island early in the morning. Gone until Feb 13. If you get this today, let me know the price and I can pay you with PayPal or send a check. That will fit in a large flat rate box which is $18.85 currently. You can e-mail me directly pegasusguitars@hawaiiantel.net or call (808)966-6323
Kevin Sjostrand

Bob I sent you an email, hope you got it