Looking forward to a build

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
SnowManSnow

Looking forward to a build

Post by SnowManSnow »

Hi folks,
I'm always apprehensive about introductions for some reason, mostly unfounded haha
Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brandon, and I'm in NE Ga. I've been considering a build for years now, and have finally decided to step out and make it so. I can't wait to get my hands dirty with this. I do have to admit that I've been very fortunate to have a friend in the area who is very experienced who will help keep me from making the BIG mistakes on this build. I'm also fortunate in that I have most of the tools I will need for a scratch build because of a previous family business.
I've decided my first build should be a kit, as to learn the anatomy before the total creation. This week my goal is to construct a GoBar Rack and get some disks in, as clamping seems to be one of the first MAJOR things to accomplish / learn from a kit build.
Its also great to have a forum where used tools can be found / purchased! I'm also a aquaculturist (I grow hard stony corals as a hobby) and have learned the value in such a forum for such specialized things.
My battle cry at this point is "make haste slowly". I'm looking forward to a great build with plenty of consternation haha
tippie53

Re: Looking forward to a build

Post by tippie53 »

we are all here to help
have fun enjoy making sawdust
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Welcome! You'll find that people are very helpful on this forum. Have fun and I look forward to seeing your build.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

Having an experienced friend is a great help. Take it one bit at a time and pretty soon you'll have a guitar!
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion