Tenoning

Post a photo of something you are working on today. No need to explain or write anything. A photo is worth a thousand words. If you must write something caption your photo with the "File Comment" field when uploading an attachment. Keep it short and show us some photos!
Forum rules
Pictures please.
John J

Tenoning

Post by John J »

Lots 'o sawdust
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning every day.
johnnparchem

Re: Tenoning

Post by johnnparchem »

Doesn't that router have a vacuum hook up? I switched to my table saw with a tenoning jig. The router was just to scary for me. I do use the router for the mortice.
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

John, I cut my dovetails with a router. Would like to see an expanded photo of your set-up.--Bob
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

I had done it a number of ways , table saw Milling machine and router. I do prefer the router . I do have a jig for the router. I can precisely adjust neck angle with the router jig.
I think any of the methods work as long as your process is well controlled.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
John J

Post by John J »

I've been using the jig from J. Simpson that I purchased through his eBay site. It works really well and only requires a bit of fine tuning. Initially the tenon is too snug for the mortise. That is by design. A little hand sanding and you can get a nice snug fit. I like the way that you set the neck angle. You can adjust for your particular bridge/saddle height target. I use my Dewalt trim router in the plunge base.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning every day.