Intro

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
Michael Thoner

Intro

Post by Michael Thoner »

So, I'm a husband, a father of two (1 1/2 and 2 1/2 year olds), and a full time missionary. I grew up in Maine, but now reside in the south tip of Texas. When I started playing, I purchased a OOO size Blueridge. The size suits me well, if I ever need to play someone else's dred, it's like wearing shoes that are three sizes too big, or sleeping in someone else's bed.
The ministry I work with provides housing, utilities, and if I get in a pinch, any of my other expenses like car registration or insurance. They also buy plane tickets for my whole family at least twice a year to Nicaragua. (We work in Mexico as well) Last year, the director discovered how much we save if we fly Spirit Airlines. The only issue I had is the $70 per trip charge for bringing my guitar. So I was in the market for one to leave in Nicaragua so as to save the ministry at least $140 per year, not to mention the hassle of juggling luggage for 4 plus at least one baby.
While searching eBay, I came across this kit... In Maine, I was a contractor, and loved doing detailed finish work, so I figured, why not? I bought it. This was by no means a complete kit, and I have both ideas of my own, and ones I borrowed from the internet.
This is a kitchen table job, and I can only buy tools if I absolutely need them. I'm hoping to get this done before I fly out in mid June.
JLT

Re: Intro

Post by JLT »

Michael Thoner wrote:
This is a kitchen table job, and I can only buy tools if I absolutely need them. I'm hoping to get this done before I fly out in mid June.
Good luck! But don't rush the job. It will be there for you when you get back.
Michael Thoner

Re: Intro

Post by Michael Thoner »

I'm leaving my only other guitar in Nicaragua. So I need to get it done by June 12. Otherwise I won't have a guitar when I return.