Not Exactly New ... But

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
Bill F Cory

Not Exactly New ... But

Post by Bill F Cory »

Some of you will recognize my name, but others I'm sure are new since I was last here.

For those who are new, I founded this Forum, named "KitGuitarForum.com," 'way back when. Several years ago, John Hall offered to buy it, and though it wasn't for sale, I sold it to him and his partners because I knew they would do a great job with it, and they CERTAINLY have! (Thanks, John!)

Some of you have bought my books and, I hope, benefited from them. They aren't what you'd call "Best Sellers," but they shed light on a subject that was basically laughed at before this forum came to be and the books were published.

Those of you who know me from the Wayback Machine might remember that I had a nerve problem in my neck that pretty much ruined my Ulnar Nerve to my left hand, which controls your pinky, ring finger and a portion of your middle finger. It has been no fun, trying to get it fixed, waiting it out, etc., but nothing has worked. Since that nerve problem happened, back in December of 2012, I've hoped and prayed it would settle down, go away, treatment would work, etc. But, no go. Didn't happen. How, thanks to the delete button, I can still type, but I can't play, can't work with the tools of guitar building without my hand cramping uncontrollably, etc. (Try gluing binding when your hand cramps and you can't get it to relax before the glue begins to set up.) I've tried with one hand, but it hasn't worked.

Okay. Long story, short ... that's why I haven't been on the forum. A little depression, plus not much to offer, and an unfinished Brazilian and Coastal Redwood Guitar body, still unfinished, from a kit I bought from John Hall on eBay back in, uh, 2005, was it, John?

So, without fanfare, I will soon be offering a complete inventory of my guitar building tools, some supplies, and miscellaneous book, that I will no longer be able to use. I would offer guitars I've built, but that's sorta like selling ice to Eskimos.

I hope you will take a look and if so moved, purchase something. I'd hate for it to go on eBay.

Happy Building!
Bill Cory
(Bill F Cory, now, since I couldn't retrieve my original password.)
(The photo is the original Forum Header, with the first guitar ever featured here.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tippie53

Re: Not Exactly New ... But

Post by tippie53 »

Bill
thanks for the kind words. My goal was for good information and to share that. I am sorry that you can no longer build but please feel free to list anything you need to sell.
I remember those early days well . In fact as of now I am the sole owner of this forum and hope that it out lives me also. Lots of great people here
I promised to keep your forum as you wanted it.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Hey Bill,

Sorry to hear about your nerve problem. I came on to the forum just a couple of months before the transfer. I really have enjoyed the forum you set up and still have your books as part of my library.

John
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

Bill, your books were instrumental (!) in my getting into building and playing. Many thanks and I hope that you have a fulfilling future.
peter havriluk
Bill F Cory

Post by Bill F Cory »

Thanks guys ... as soon as I c an get my act together, I'll list the things for sale -- some little, some big. We moved across town a year ago so everything is "neatly" packed in boxes so I'll have to unpack before I can list it.
Zimmer64

Post by Zimmer64 »

Sorry to hear about the nerve problem. I recently bought your book and follow it as good as possible and with success so far. Thanks for the book and this forum!

Michael
Kind regards

Michael

Pictures of my build: https://zimmer64.wordpress.com/2015/11/ ... it-guitar/
thronson

Post by thronson »

Sorry to hear about your health... as they say getting old is not for sissies... I have two books you wrote, the second one you signed... thanks to you, i will always measure twice.... t
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Bill,

I'm so very sorry to hear of your nerve problems.

You don't know me as I've only been a member for a couple of years. I too have problems down both arms, especially my left arm and hand. I have a plate in my neck. I recently had surgery on both of my hands and wrists, the second bot both. However, I've been extraordinarily fortunate that I'm still able to do some things, including building.

I wish you well.

Best regards,

Diane Kauffmann
Diane Kauffmds
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com