Hello

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
joseph d

Hello

Post by joseph d »

I'm getting ready to start my 1st acoustic guitar kit and just thought I'd take a second and introduce myself. Really looking forward to it and thought a top notch kit would be the way to go for a 1st timer. Anyway I live in California and I'm an electrician by trade. Woodwork is a hobby for me and I've built a few solid body electrics and a couple of archtop guitars. Always wanted to build my own acoustic so I guess I'm off and running....almost.
I've browsed the forum a bit and it looks like there's a ton of help here (which I'm sure I'm gonna need).
Think I'm in the right place.
tippie53

Re: Hello

Post by tippie53 »

Good luck and we are here to help. We will be happy to share what we know and learned
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Hi Joseph,

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find it fun, as well as informative. Everyone helps and encourages each other, and John Hall is a virtual encyclopedia when it comes to building guitars. I hope you blog your progress with lots of pictures.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
thronson

Post by thronson »

greetings joseph, i too am a beginner ... you live in CA.. anywhere close to napa valley? t
joseph d

Post by joseph d »

I'm down in So.Cal. Thronson....Orange Co.
It's great to find a place where people are willing to help and pass along their knowledge.
Thanks for the welcome!