4" Spring Tension Clamps for Closing Box

Trade, Swap, Sell, Give away
Diane Kauffmds

4" Spring Tension Clamps for Closing Box

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Hi guys,

I saw this video on Youtube by Peter Oberg, of Oberg guitars, where he uses a spring clamp method for gluing the top/bottom of his guitars. The method looks elegant in it's simplicity, and pretty much idiot proof (perfect for this idiot).

Go to here to see the method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MG1MJ_ ... Q&index=11

The problem was finding the 4" spring tension clamps that are required, without breaking the bank. The best price that I could find on the internet was $4.22 for a set of 2 clamps. He used around 48.

I frequently troll Ebay. I ran across a lot of 96, 4" spring clamps. I paid $56, including shipping. 48 clamps are more than sufficient to close any box, so I'm offering a set of 48 spring clamps for 1/2 of what I paid. That's $28 including priority shipping.

Message me if you're interested.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
JLT

Re: 4" Spring Tension Clamps for Closing Box

Post by JLT »

Diane Kauffmds wrote:Hi guys,

48 clamps are more than sufficient to close any box, so I'm offering a set of 48 spring clamps for 1/2 of what I paid. That's $28 including priority shipping.

Message me if you're interested.
That's a heck of a deal. I'm still good with my spool clamps, but somebody ought to jump on this.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

I have seen them and I wonder if he made them.
Great idea.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

tippie53 wrote:I have seen them and I wonder if he made them.
Great idea.
He mentioned making them from spring clamps, so I think he's referring to these clamps. He said that originally, luthiers used bed springs. You aren't going to believe how many bed springs on on Ebay! Apparently there is a collector for everything.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com