Hello from Long Island New York

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
IRISHPICKER

Hello from Long Island New York

Post by IRISHPICKER »

Hi There,
I thought I would take a second and introduce myself. My name is Pat and I have lived on Long Island my whole life. For my recent 60th birthday my oldest daughter and her finance gifted me a Martin guitar kit. I order Bill Cory's book and a form from Blues Creek and off to the races I went. It has been an interesting journey and I am grateful for the forum and the very generous users who have been instrumental in getting me this far. I have some questions but will post them in the beginners section. One of the greatest gifts I am getting from the building is the excuse to use some tools such as a band saw from my father which I would probably never have used other wise. Anyway thanks for all the advice and resources you make available and hope someday I will be able to add to the conversation.

BTW - The kit is a Martin ooo Rosewood and it is really coming along, the body is assembled as is the back and the braces have been scalloped. Putting it together over the next couple of weeks.

Pat
mnmusic

Re: Hello from Long Island New York

Post by mnmusic »

Welcome to the forum Pat.

Ed
John J

Post by John J »

Welcome Pat. You may find this becomes an addiction, albeit a fun one. Good luck and love to see pictures of your progress. Always fun seeing that first one come to life.
Learning every day.
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

Welcome, Pat. Good luck on your first build! A nice sounding guitar awaits you at the end of the process. I built the same Martin kit, finishing last year. The KGF forum really helped me get thru it it good shape.
-d.
ps: post some pictures.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Hi Pat, Welcome again! I hope you have fun and hope to see you blog your build.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com